Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Card Trick Quilt


This is the quilt that I'm entering in the 2010 Blogger's Quilt Festival  over at Amy's Creative Side.


It is my first pieced quilt, finished in 2008. I had a hard time knowing where to start as a new quilter. I checked out books at the local library, and finally fell in love with this pattern. My progress was slow since I was just learning the "ins" and "outs" of quilting, not the best pattern for beginners. When I started the sashing, I became frustrated when my blocks didn't match up and I put the whole mess away for a season.

I purchased very little fabric for this quilt. The border was from an old duvet off my bed, the sashing and back were from a sheet, and a lot of the squares are from the "unworn" part of the boy's boxers (such cute fabric, I can never throw them away!).


The hand quilting took me several years and was very therapeutic. Apparently, I needed a lot of therapy during those years. I'm definitely beyond that! Now, my mind is going so fast with quilting projects, that I can't keep up with my ideas, not to mention my fabric purchases.


YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:

Heather Ross Munki Placemat


Potomac River Quilt

 
 Greek Square Quilt

6 comments:

  1. How much fun for you?? Looks great and I love the Olivia aprons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is one of my favorites! I love the card trick pattern. Also love how you used the boxers! I looked at your other projects. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great quilt! Love red, white and blue quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks great!!! you did such a a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice--a great color combination and the block is an interesting one. your story is fun--unworn boxers!! that's just great. thanks for sharing. would love you to come visit my site.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your feedback :)