Sunday, October 26, 2014

Quilt Market 2014

Once again, I was able to help out in a booth this year at Quilt Market in Houston.  Here are some of the fun things I saw today.  Maybe these pictures will inspire you to pick up that project that's been sitting around since last year 1/2 done.



Handi Quilter.  Love my Sweet Sixteen!




Joanna Figueroa from Fig Tree Quilts.  I love to see wife/creative quilting mind, and husband, supporter and runner of the business side, combinations in the quilting industry.











I knew that one of these days, I'd fall in love with something besides white thread.  And here you go.  Aurifil makes thread to go along with Fig Tree's fabrics.  DONE!






I'm quilting my second quilt with Fig Tree's fabrics as we speak (new above thread too late).  You can see it here and here.




these rockets are so fun!  Follow this link to find a free pattern for "Destination Moon" by Cloud 9




Miss Rosie's Quilt Co.



Carrie from Miss Rosie Quilt Co, announced today that Moda has hired her to work for them.  I'm so excited for her, she is so talented.  It will be fun to see what she'll be doing for them, but she reassured me that she will still be writing patterns. She's moving to Dallas where Moda has their headquarters.  Hopefully she'll find a quilt shop there to teach at . . . 5 hr drive :)


Yip!  I'm already on it.












 Julie from JayBird is an amazing free motion quilter.



 Aurifil.  SOOOO many luscious colors!







Riley Blake Designs










 The MODA Designers:



Zen Chic



Sweetwater




Katie Spain



Fig Tree's booth was next to Kate's.









V and Co




"Color Theory" is her new line out coming out.







 Camille from Thimble Blossoms (blog here) and her mom, Bonnie, from Cotton Way.















Jenny of Missouri Quilt Star Company and Angela Walters, talented long arm quilter and author.




Contempo Designs.











More quilt market pictures to show on Monday.

3 comments:

  1. I went last year and it was quite the experience. Thanks for the inspiration ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I saw so many quilt there that I would like to make! What booth did you help with?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading your feedback :)