Friday, September 10, 2010

Tyton's Pinwheels

While I was visiting family in Utah, I saw this quilt in a cute little quilt shop named Just Sew, in Highland.  They didn't have a pattern for it, but helped me figure out how to make one similar to it.   Baby quilts are so fun because they're FAST!

I love pinwheels, they're so intriguing.  I put these together using Rachel's tutorial on 1/2 square triangles.  But I recently discovered Missouri Star Quilt Co., video tutorials!  Look at this fast and easy way to make pinwheels, here.  I'll definitely try it the next time I'm making pinwheels.

This baby quilt is going to a cold climate, so I backed it with Minky.  It will make a luscious back, but was quite hard to work with during it's construction.  I wouldn't recommend it for anything more than a baby size quilt.  

The quilting must be very loose. meaning not close together.  I spray basted it, then machine basted it with my largest stitching every 8 inches or so before quilting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.