Friday, March 25, 2011

"Little Red" in Sunkissed fabrics


I found a new quilting store while visiting Salt Lake City.  Pine Needles is located in Gardner Village.  I was visually captivated in this quilt shop, full of fun projects, and all the fabric to go with them.   When I walked in, I fell in love with this quilt:
I was so excited to see that it is "Little Red" from Carrie Nelson's book, "Schnibbles times two" which I recently purchased because the book itself is just so fun to look at.   And then I remembered my stack of "Sunkissed" fabrics at home.


TRICKS/HELPS:
I learned from Carrie's blog her thoughts on prepping fabric, and decided to try starching my fabric  before I cut into it which she explains in this post.  I was very pleased with the outcome, clean cut lines, and ran down to my local Target to stock up on Carrie's favorite brand, in hopes that she hadn't already been there.

I was honored to meet Carrie at Market last fall.  She's a normal, down to earth, gal, like you and me, wanting to share her talents.  I appreciated her kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.