Monday, October 1, 2012

Round Top favorite finds

Last week I visited Round Top, Texas for it's semi-annual Antique Show, actually, the show is this week, but they were setting up last week, and there was plenty to be found.   You will find miles and miles of tents filled with antique dealers from all over the US.  I couldn't believe the prices!  Some of my favorite finds were:


antique wooden cow bell, (not sure how authentic that is cuz I saw one today in a Ballard Designs catalog . . .  wrought iron quilt rack . . .



industrial metal M 



An old door knob . . .  I love the turquoise painted door.



This pot from the Mediterranean area is well over 100 years old, . . . cool, huh?




This column topper is going to be fun for decorating, but it was made in China :)

Another pot.


watering can

Not only do I have some fun new things, but I've got the home decor bug.  You know what they say, every 7 years you need an update :)

4 comments:

  1. I have yet to head up there....maybe some day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm past due for an update....please share some more inspiration, I love using previously-loved items to decorate too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My rule for purchase items for home decor is not necessarily "will this go here or there", but rather "I love this piece! I'll find a place in my home for it". I always do, and I find that the pieces I love are the ones that are still around years down the road. It helps when they have a story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That must have been fantastic! I love poking through antiques . Happy day to you : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.