Saturday, October 31, 2015

my small world - Blog Festival -Nov 2015

my small world is my original design with inspiration coming from Jen Kingwell.  It's made with left-overs (orphan blocks) of all my favorite quilts, as well as a lot of my favorite fabrics.


It was such a fun process.  I just kept moving pieces around until I liked what I saw.





I'm not very good at following patterns (or rules for that matter, ha ha).  I often change things around and end up with extra pieces which land in a bucket called "left-overs".





these blocks are from african safari



these star blocks in sweetwater's reunion are left over from this quilt






log cabin squares from monaluna ellie



these awesome arrows, come from this quilt







more stars from here


these stair step mini blocks are made from this quilt



these pinwheels are left over from this quilt.













this piece came from a bunting 




 Heather Ross sightings  . . .
















It will be fun to make another "my small world" a few years from now with more blocks I've collected.  Thanks to JenKingwell for the inspiration.  A pattern is now available if you want to make Jen's "my small world".  It's beautiful.





linked up to the festival . . . actually, I missed the deadline so, go vote for your favorites here.

4 comments:

  1. This is a great choice for the festival. I love this quilt and all the gorgeous fabrics you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your small world quilt. It really makes me wish I had some orphan blocks so that I could make one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO fun!!! i love how you adapted the idea from ms. kingwell. i didn't get that magazine issue so i don't have the pattern. but it looks like i don't need it! i can just put together my own small world. wonderful idea! and so many great little touches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO fun!!! i love how you adapted the idea from ms. kingwell. i didn't get that magazine issue so i don't have the pattern. but it looks like i don't need it! i can just put together my own small world. wonderful idea! and so many great little touches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.