Monday, September 19, 2016

gardenvale circles for blogger's quilt festival

My internal clock tells me it's time for the Blogger's Quilt Festival.  The festival starts the beginning of the fall quilting events, with market, festival and retreats soon to follow.   I love seeing what my talented blogging friends have been up to.  And as always, a big thanks to Amy for hostessing.

Since this quilt was going to be donated to charity, I found some nice scraps. 




I got this wild vision in the middle of the night with the image of this quilt, and didn't want to wait to find a drunkard's path ruler (they're hard to find), so I used the lid to a pot.  
I was pretty disappointed at first to see that my points weren't matching up (should have waited for the ruler).  But as it started going together, it grew on me . . . you know, the whole "new age movement",  no quilt police here.


 My favorite part of this quilt is the scrappy binding.

It has ended being one of my favorite quilts.  A couple of our adult kids were disappointed when they learned that it was being donated.

I'm linking up to the Scrappy Quilt Category in the blog festival.  I hope you enjoy seeing all the entries.  Don't forget to come back and vote next week!





4 comments:

  1. Such a fun quilt - no wonder your kids wanted one! Christmas is coming ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember this one! It is one of my favorites too...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have been like you -- disappointed that the circle edges didn't align -- but I also think I would have been like you as far as changing my mind. I think it's a great quilt. I especially like the stripes.
    --Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.