Monday, May 29, 2017

wholecloth quilts

Where did the wholecloth craze start?  Maybe Spoonflower?  At first, I thought it was a lazy way of getting out of a pieced quilt.  




But I've fallen in love with the wholecloth designed by iviecloth co at spoonflower.  Here's some of her designs on her IG page.
How can you resist these colors? (or this chunker and his adorable chubby fingers in his worn over-alls :)




Here are some others in my shopping cart, all baby quilt size.

I also love this alphabet one.

Ok, so I'm a bit partial to the boy colors.


This one 's called: Triangle Ladder Whole Cloth, and the collection is called Maritime.



I needed a quick boy baby gift, so I made this one up first.   As you will see below, I backed it with a blue flannel, but I bought some of the mustard for future backs.  I've seen them backed in minky or what ever.

This one is called - Agua Adventurer Puzzle Wholecloth.   You can find all the color options if you type "puzzle wholecloth" in the search engine on spoonflower's website.

This mustard looks great on the back of the Agua Adventurer Puzzle design.

I did find spoonflower hard to navigate in until I "joined", just an fyi that will save you tons of time and frustration.


I also ordered this pink version with the following pink for the back.










 It takes about 1.5 hrs to stitch a baby size in the ditch.









quilt stats:
34 x 40, washed
80/20 warm and natural batting
flannel backing
binding: cut 2 1/2 inches because I thought there would be more thickness with the flannel, but there really wasn't, especially since the top was not pieced.  Next time I should cut binding strips 2 1/4 inch.


Spoonflower's website says to prewash their fabric, and carefully press.

If you've found any fun "wholecloth" options that you like, please share!

linked:
crazy mom quilts
whoop whoop!



3 comments:

Thank you for your comments.