Friday, July 3, 2015

stepping stones top complete

Have you ever read the IG posts from the quilt designers that go to Market?  Joanna at FigTree talks about it here.  They talk about PMC (post market coma).   I think I now know what that feels like.  After all that hoopla, I literally stayed in bed and watched movies and ate Lean Cuisines for a week.  (my husband knew better than to ask questions)


The week after my pmc, I headed up to the studio (aka sewing room) where this fun project came together rather quick.   Good thing too, I needed a quick win.

 

"Stepping Stones", ready for quilting.


Have you heard of the stack and sew method?  It will save you eons of quilting years!  You can show all your guild friends, they will think you are really "high quilt tech"!

 

You pick up your squares off your design board in a particular order and set them down next to your machine.








I will show you how to do it in an up-coming post . . . promise!  


linked:

finish it up friday
confessions of a FA


3 comments:

  1. Wow you have had a busy month. Will be interested in the tutorial as I've a brick type quilt in my mind to make and this might make it easier

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear more about this method ... though I have a sneaking suspicion from the pictures I may not have the space to pull it off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great. I am interested to hear more about this piecing strategy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.