Thursday, April 7, 2016

International quilt shops

Last week I was telling you a story about being in a far away country. . . Mexico. (more about that in a second).

It actually reminds me of when I was in Scotland, driving the perimeter of the furthest northern island of Skye, so remote that every few miles, you'd see a house





or a castle


or a sheep




or a quilt shop . . . . . . . . . . . . . .WHAT?


 yip!  out there in the middle of REMOTENESS, was a quilt shop!  (read about that back here)



So last week in Mexico City, while I had my nose to the ground, taking these pictures for free motion quilting ideas, like this



and this (see blog post)



all of a sudden when I looked up, I saw this Quilting Studio



yip, in the middle of this ancient, magical village, San Angel (in a suburb of Mexico City) . . . 


I love the Mexican influence in this quilt shop







stairs





The owner, Silvia, gives daily classes and speaks English.  


She says that the quilting industry is exploding there in Mexico City just like it is here in the states  . . . aren't her quilts beautiful?



she is a modern quilter at heart, look what's on her design wall



 While I was there, Zen Chic's newest line, "flow" arrived in a box.

(and that's what I bought, of course)



 Silvia even has the hq sweet sixteen!!!


 these friendly employees cut my fabric



 here is the information for this fun quilt shop.  Thank you, Silvia!!

Tell your uber driver you want to go to:  (that's for you, Ramona;)
Juarez No. 2, San Angel in Mexico City.
Spend the afternoon in this magical old neighborhood.










4 comments:

Thank you for your comments.