Friday, March 3, 2017

ombre gem quilt along- wk 1

I'm so excited for today!!!   It's the first day of the "ombre gem quilt along" by Emily Dennis over at Quilty Love.  I've never done a quilt along, but I hear you learn lots of things, almost like taking a class.  (I should do more of that ;)


You can purchase the pattern from her shop.  Those colors are gorgeous, but I think I'll use my long awaited, well stored (in a dark cool place), Reunion and Hometown by Sweetwater, and make a scrappy version.



Here is Emily's scrappy version.  She's on instagram and is using this hashtag for the quilt-along  #ombregemsquiltalong.  It will be fun to see what fabrics everyone else is using.







I'm normally not into deadlines and "keeping up", but who can resist these cool coloring pages you get???  It may or may have not been a deciding point.




But I will admit that I HAVE been looking for an excuse to purchase one of these Stripology Rulers.  I am now a proud owner!!  I'll let you know if it helps with the whole "elbow" issue I can't get rid of in my strips.





Here are the fabrics I've decided to go with, a mix of Reunion and Hometown, quite a few years old, but they never disappoint.


I officially washed this quilt last night, so that counts as a "done", right?  As in I can start a new quilt?




I'm excited to share this I-spy finish with you as soon as I take some more pictures.

linked:
finish it friday
whoop whoop

3 comments:

  1. I love a good I-spy! Can't wait to see more pics. And your fabric pull for the quilt along looks fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fabrics for this QAL. Years ago, I made an I-Spy quilt for my nephew (he's now 26!) and he loved it! Many hours of fun. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project. Can you update your post so there is a linkback to OMG plus a statement on what your goal for march is? thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.