Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Fussy Framed blocks -Tutorial

I pulled out an unfinished project to finish for Christmas.  I didn't do my research ahead of time when I started this quilt, so I was making each square 1 at a time, and ended up putting it away because it was taking so long.

I found a great tutorial on Kate Conklin's blog on how to make Fussy Framed blocks, 2 at a time!  The way she cuts her squares, gives you no waste, and  your outer square is a continual design.

You can find that tutorial here.  She has some great modern quilt designs.  I love the "floating squares" border in this post.  Maybe I'll try it on this quilt.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely will check out this tutorial. I need to start coming up with some quicker ways to do patchwork because I have so many quilt ideas! Thanks for the link - your squares look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.