Thursday, August 11, 2016

emily's trunk show

Don't you love to see your past projects at other people's houses?  This is some of what I found at my daughter's house, made from my sewing machine:





On the top right we have what I call a summer blanket, or basically when your toddler wants something cool to the touch against his/her skin to nap with during the hot summer months.  Use your favorite fabric on the top (heather ross, princess and the pea).   I like to back them with that "satin backed flannel" you can get at Joann's.  It measures about the size of a fat quarter.  Perfect for carting around or transitioning into a doll quilt.  You can read about it here.


Next on the top is a doll quilt I made from left overs and a cool binding made with chenille.  You can read about it here.



This boat quilt was made for child #1 in this house hold where I'm visiting:




She is quickly adjusting to her new big sister duties. (that's a breast pump . . . she came and asked me if I would turn it on for her. #wantstobejustlikehermomma)




This one is a "play quilt".  I started making this quick project when I couldn't keep up with pieced baby quilts for gifts.  It's basically 2 pieces of the cutest fabric available, quilted, and bound with a ruffle binding.  You can learn about that here.

We just had grandbaby #8, so I've been busy making crib sheets and other baby stuff . . . nothing really excited to share, except this cute little one:

#lovethenightshift 


Linked:
whoop whoop


7 comments:

  1. Wow 8! Your things are lovely that you have made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see your quilts being loved. Is the little one using a breast pump - hilarious photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on cute little #8! What a fun mini quilt tour too! --Wendy at piecefulthoughts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You missed several other projects around the house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilts and congratulations on number 8 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness. That yawn is adorable. I've never seen the satin backed flannel, I'll have to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, your quilts are beautiful, but grandbaby #8 is definitely whoop-whoop-worthy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.