Thursday, June 14, 2018

flowering snowball

I'm so excited about this beautiful finish!!

This 100+ year old home is a couple miles from where we live, and made a perfect back drop for a photo shoot. 

The family has lived and farmed this land for a century now.  The middle school across the street bares the name of it's previous owner.  



When I saw this pattern, I just couldn't help myself.  All other projects sprawled out in the sewing room 1/2 of the upstairs were put on hold  . . .




while a piece of EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF FABRIC I OWN was pulled out temporarily for a quick snip


including a lot of heather ross and other favorites.








It's quilting is very simple . . .  in the ditch, and through the centers.  I'm noticing more snuggling going on with quilts less quilted, they're softer.

I love my Sweet Sixteen by HQ.  I've had it almost 10 years now and have been very happy.



I centered the template where I wanted to on the fabric then used my 28mm rotary cutter, then marked each of those little dots, which came in handy when assembling. 


stats:
72 x 84 inches finished BEFORE washing.
templates - Baycreek Quilting Products - 12 inch template
bamboo batting? (I can't remember, but I'm trying to use bamboo for quilts that I keep)












5 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful, scrappy finish! Congratulations!

    Did you find the templates easy to use? I don't have much experience with curved seams, but these look fairly gentle :)
    louise dot hornor at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, such a treasure!!! I can surely imagine the satisfaction of having this wonderful quilt, made with all your fabrics!!! It is just brilliant, and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt is gorgeous! It's such a good quilt for this scrappy look. Are there directions for piecing included with the templates? Thanks for sharing this! With school starting up again, I am so ready to start some new quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, less quilting makes for a much cozier quilt. This one is such a beauty, scrappy and so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure how i found your blog, but I am so glad I did.. ( i think off of pinterest) I love your quilts. I just ordered these templates..can't wait to start.. so many scraps I am not used to doing curves either.. should be fun

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.