Wednesday, August 22, 2012

reunion placemats

I guess we're going "reunion" in the kitchen.  



Now that we're "empty nesters", we decided it was time to take the nasty plastic cover off our kitchen table.



The wood needs protection.  I've been stumbling over what design to use for pieced placemats.  Any design would do.  I finally decided that the stress I was allowing was not worth it for "placemats" and decided to use what reunion canvas I have left.




They are a standard size placemat, altering a bit to get one more placemat.  To minimize on bulk, finish off the edges, then turn under once, press and sew 1/4 inch from the edge. 



The weight of the canvas fabric gives just enough protection, but not too much bulk . . . PERFECT!  



The table runner with this red canvas may be from the hometown line.  




Simplicity won the day!  I'm very happy AND IT'S DONE!  

Sweetwater is coming out with their next line of fabric, yesterday's post is promising a sneak peek in their blog next week.  I've been stuck on reunion for too long.  


My husband has found "his answer" to all my troubles.  He started saying this on a regular basis about a year ago.   I didn't like it at first, but these 4 words have provided an amazing amount of therapy, and I didn't even have to pay for it!  


linked:


YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN:



10 comments:

  1. OH...seriously cute and not complicated at all...my kind of projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love quick and easy projects! Gotta protect that nice wood :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to take the stress out of a project!
    Thanks for peeking over at my blog too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the placemats and runner! Very simple, but very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute placemats! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like those mats! The fabric is just 'enough' on its own, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. form AND function, works for me! Love the table, too. Definitely worth protecting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Those placemats are perfect! Nice work. Also, I am a new follower and because I love your blog so much, I included you in one of my recent posts. Check it out!
    http://sewinsomethin.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha. My husband uses that phrase all the time. It is what it is.
    It's a good one and you can't argue with that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.