Monday, June 7, 2010

I Spy Quilt for Richard


Last year I decided to make an "I-Spy" Quilt.  My travel plans for the spring and summer took me through many states during several trips.  It was so fun to visit the quilt shops in those states, and to see people with my passion all over in different parts of the country.



I made this I-Spy quilt for my nephew, Richard.  So, the squares I chose were "boy fabrics".  A friend of mine embroidered selected words in the border with her "Brother Embroidery Machine".   She did such a good job.  The font is adorable.













I quilted a gingerbread boy pattern in the border, and stitched in the ditch around the squares.  The sashing was stippled.



I backed it with flannel since it was going to a cold state.

1 comment:

  1. I made an I-Spy quilt, but never thought to embroider things to look for! Super Fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.