Saturday, January 7, 2012

Pear Decadence

8 inch square quilt tutorial found here.

Fabric is Crisp Pear Decadence by Samantha Walker for Riley Blake.

quilted in random continuous squares and rectangles, straight stipple . . . my new love!

A trick I recently learned:  
If you have a pieced back that you want to align with the front, notch the sides of back and batting then align with the front.





 water when needed

quilt stats:
57 x 65 inches finished
72 - 8" squares
8 across, 9 down
2 1/4 " scrappy border
Warm & Natural cotton batting


scrappy binding


YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN:

DIY kitchen curtains


3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I love the simplicity of it and the calm colors. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous quilt Linda, I love the fabrics and colours you have chosen. I hope you will link it up to Tutorial Tuesday on Tues seeing as you used a tut to make it. Its a new linky party at www.lawsonandlotti.blogspot.com
    Hope to see you there

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Thanks for the back/front notch tip :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.