Thursday, May 15, 2014

Chain Reaction in Figs - Quilt Festival

Thanks once again, Amy, for creating a place for us all to come and share.





"Chain Reaction in Figs" 
I first saw this pattern at Quilt Market several years ago, and fell in love with it . . . more about the pattern here



  stacked coin design on the back



You can see this new line of Fig Tree fabrics featured on the designer's blog in this post




  




I love this pantograph design by Beany Boy quilts for Willow Leaf Studio, but I don't have a long-arm.  So, I had to transfer the design onto my quilt. 




For the first row, I tried tracing the pattern onto thin paper



then sewing through it






 but then I had to do this: (which took for ever!)




 so I decided to make a stencil . . . 




 the process went by much faster after that



 you can read about my adventures quilting it here










  since then, I have come across a system of using netting to transfer a design for quilting, eliminating having to make a stencil  (more to come in a future post about that)




The "Chain Reaction" pattern can be found in this book by Swirly Girls



quilt stats:
60" x 77" (washed)
fabric is Mirabelle by Fig Tree
negative space is Kona pfd bleach white
warm & natural white batting
quilting design is "Tickle" by Beany Girl Quilts
Pattern is Chain Reaction by Swirly Girls














Now follow the link at the top of this post and go visit the other entries :)

11 comments:

  1. It is a lovely quilt. The front and back look wonderful. Great quilting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really gorgeous. I love both sides of it and I'm impressed with your quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's lovely, and so great to have a double sided quilt (love stacked coins!) Really interesting to read about your quilting adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so soft and cuddly looking, I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite fabric and love the pattern it looks amazing, you should be really happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations on your beautiful quilt work

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful job - such lovely, soft colours! Great tips on the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dropping by from Blogger's Quilt Festival, I see Citric Sugar has already said what I was going to type so I'll type it anyway! Beautiful soft colours, great design and fabrics :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty quilt and I love those fabrics. My favorite part is that the back is as gorgeous as the front!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! Such a great pattern to show off favorite prints too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful soothing colors. The back is as pretty as the front!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.