Friday, September 16, 2011

Card Trick - rebound


I love this card trick quilt, I guess because it was my first pieced quilt.  It was very patient with me as I struggled to learn the in's and out's of quilting before discovering the "blogging classroom".

 But something has bothered me about this quilt for a while.  I had this real cool plaid fabric and couldn't find anything to use it in, till I saw it sitting next to the card trick quilt.
You can see in this close-up that I've only basted the new binding down.  It's waiting for the next time my Texan husband calls for a "required family activity" to watch an old western together. . . he says it's part of their heritage and helps build their character  :)

new binding
old binding
I just learned that Carrie from Miss Rosie Quilts has another great book out:

AnotherBite

and it has a card trick quilt pattern in it, featuring Sweetwater's Hometown line.


YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN:
QUILT FESTIVAL




2 comments:

  1. That's a pretty tricky block for a first quilt. Great job! I like the new binding too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Leila . . . yea, I definitely wouldn't recommend it for a beginner. I gained a great education on that one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.