Wednesday, May 2, 2012

WiP - quarter reunion

Been working some on "Reunion Quartered", getting ready for Amy's Blogger Quilt Festival in 2 weeks . . . YIKES!


But what I've really gotten lost in today was my new toy from the mailman  (bless that soul!  He walks up to my door, rain or shine, 95% humidity, most days)  . . . .

. . . a Singer Featherweight, built in 1940. . . happy day!!  

I actually never thought I'd have one.  But you know when you're messing around on ebay, and you start playing with the other bidders, never intending to purchase the item you're bidding on, you just want to see how far they'll go?   Then, all of a sudden the numbers stop escalating and you read, "YOU'VE JUST WON!"  I guess that's why they say, "bid with confidence" ha ha.
Fortunately, I've always wanted one, and got it for a great price.  I'll tell you about it soon.  It's an awesome machine!!





YOU MAY LIKE:



5 comments:

  1. What a lovely machine....they are suppose to be great to work with. Thanks for stopping by to comment on the orange baby quilt and my baby...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Reunion! I've been trying to figure out how to justify it right now!
    Your block looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I just linked up for the first time and am toatally loving all the creativity out there! Your reunion block looks interesting, and can see why you got sidetracked! I read your profile and chuckled how you lived with little people - forcing you to learn how to sew! I had the same problem living in Sao Paolo in the 90s! Thanks for sharing, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on scoring a Featherweight! Yayy ebay! Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.