Friday, December 5, 2014

fig tree linens

After several years of playing with fig tree fabric, I can finally declare that I have a guest room with fig tree linens.






You can find a pattern for these pillows in Joanna's new book found here.



euro pillows made with etching plans (not fig tree fabric)




you can read about "chain reaction in figs" here.




those pillows are basically a pillowcase with ruffles on the end  . . .  easy peasy
Do you know how to make ruffles with fishing line?  it will make your day bright!  look at this post.




I don't think I've posted this bedspread yet.  It's a log cabin in fig tree.  post coming soon.






linked:



7 comments:

  1. How very lovely! Some guest is in for a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fishing line? You're a genius! I was about to start a project that required some serious gathering, and now I'm using your method. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweeeet! What a welcoming room it must be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea. It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the FISHING LINE TOO!!!! I usually pleat just to keep from doing that whole break the string thing fifty times!!!!
    GREAT TIP! Love your bed linens...so preeeetty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the chain reaction in figs!! Lovely bed linens. Looking forward to the log cabin in fig tree post :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fig Tree is a little addictive. I love her style and the simple, uncomplicated way she designs her quilts. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.